Joseph Pilates was a cigar-smoking boxer, acrobat, and gymnast, and he developed his exercise program from that background, first and foremost, with men in mind. While magazines primarily portray women practicing Pilates, it is considered essential for all professional athletes around the world. Some even call it “pre-habilitation,” due to its ability to support healthy and strong movement, and a body in balance. In this workshop you will learn Pilates techniques to:
- Improve core strength and stability
- Improve posture and balance
- Increase flexibility in a comfortable manner
- Prevent and reduce back pain
- Stabilize common injury areas relating to core: including knees,hips, back etc
- Build strength, including resistance
- Pilates (bands and weights), for extra challenge.